Central MA Transportation

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Why this blog

I started this blog so I can post opinions about local politics and transportation issues. On transportation I'll focus on roads both local and highways, but I may also rant about the diversion of tax dollars (largely collected for roads through fuel taxes) from highways maintenance and construction to commuter rail and non-motorized transportation, aka rail trails.

I have occassionally written letters to the editor of the local "newspaper" but find it too limiting. The newspaper limits the length of letters to 300 words (unless they agree with your position), and limit to one per month. Worse the reserve the "right" to edit letters. So much for honest reporting.

2 Comments:

  • At 2/23/2006 10:28:00 PM, Blogger RupertKnickerbocker said…

    Look forward to viewing your opinion/comments concerning commuter rail and the Fitchburg-Leomister bike trail.

     
  • At 2/23/2006 11:51:00 PM, Blogger noway said…

    Thanks for reading and expressing an interest.

    I expect to get around to commuter rail, the parking garage at the intermodal center, the Leominster's station and the Twin City Rail Trail in two to four weeks.

    There are a number of current and long standing issues that have my attention at the moment.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home